Friday, August 16, 2013

Green Stuff

Last Saturday I found a tiny little lady bird wandering around the kitchen so I picked it up and carefully put it on a bush in the garden.  The ladybird (or ladybug depending on what side of the pond you are on) wasn't red - it was a dull orangey brown colour so I decided to decorate a little canvas using the little insect for inspiration.
 Put layers of gesso, paint and stencilling on the canvas.  Stamped the ladybird on tissue paper, coloured it and glued it onto the background.  Cut some tattered flowers, covered them in Glossy Accents and sprinkled on some beads.  The lace leaves and flowers are my own makes.  The pinky-green flowers are from my Crazy Quilting stash.  Entering this in Sunday Stamper week 270 Green Onions challenge


 Now, I have been trying to get back into some of the crafts I did years ago and made up this beaded leaf necklace from a free Craftsy pattern.  Really enjoyed making it and must get back into the world of beading!



Close-up of my necklace
That's all for now!
Wishing you all a great weekend
Geraldine

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, the lady bug , my side of the pond,is wonderful. A canvas or art journal page either one is just perfect. Of course I like pretty pages for art journal pages so this is pretty awesome and the necklace. Love love it. I have a few of the little leaves and are so stingy with them in my work. I know that is goofy but love your necklace and no stingy here. Of course your lace pretties are perfect thanks for showing what you are up to my dear. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen only one ladybird this year! Tis sad... so it is now happy that I see another! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...