Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christmas Cards - 1st batch

As promised here are the first Christmas cards I've made this year.  Now, its not that I'm that organised but for me Christmas preparation means making your own decorations rather than concentrating on cards.  The decoration making usually starts in August with the "stuff" coming down from the attic but this year it didnt come down until about 2 weeks ago.  As I no longer do craft fairs there's no hurry....
So with the help of a kit (free with Cardmaking and Papercraft mag, lots of lovely MME papers) here are the first cards:


Entering this card in the Clear it out "Trims" challenge


I tried to make the last card deliberately dull and lowkey.  Its the sort of card you might send to your grumpy relative who doesnt like Christmas....The stamp is from Woodware and I paper pieced the design.  Love, love these patchwork stamps! The sentiment was a freebie stamp from Creativity magazine. 
 The flower on the 2nd last card is made from a scrap of Tango yarn.  When I get organised I'll put the instructions for these flowers on my crochet blog.
Ger x

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Geraldine, Love the embellishment on the forth card and your low key card is excellent, looks fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Geraldine, love the embellishment on the 4th card. Your low key card is fab I love your paper piecing it's fabulous. Great card.
    Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. all wonderful cards :)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It OUt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...