Thursday, July 28, 2011

"In the Garden"

This week onPaperplay Challenges the challenge is
"In the Garden" so here is my entry:
It is a layout featuring an old photo of my Dad and one of my parents prizewinning standard fuchsias.  I gather the photo was taken by a police photographer when he was off duty!!  (Don't ask but Dad was a Garda/policeman...).  What I remember was the effort of getting these plants into the car and off to the various flower shows.  Remember this was the 70's and long before the days of the people-carrier...  If the fuchsias didnt like what was going on then they dropped all their flower buds!..Anyway it brings back a lot of memories..
The backing paper is Basic Grey Kioshi, the twine is from my shed, I made the flower and the watering can embellies.
Geraldine

3 comments:

  1. Lovely LO Geraldine. Your wee pots are fab, lovely papers perfect for this memorable occasion of your Dad. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous layout Geraldine!!! Your dad is very handsome and love all your wonderful embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us at Paperplay Challenges and hope you join us again soon! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geraldine your page is gorgeous, that's a lovely picture of you dad & the LO is fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...