Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ATC card holder

Today while I was blog-wandering I saw Kate's blog here with her design for an ATC (artists trading card) holder to hold 3 cards.  It is a beautiful piece of work and it got me thinking.  I hosted the June ATC swap over at Cardznscrapz and was just going to post out the cards when I decided to make a little holder for the swap cards.  Each swapper was going to get 3 or 4 cards on the theme of travel and I made up a little 4 card holder for each one:
The outside of the card holder looks just like a bag-shaped card.  The hole for your hand was cut with a long rectangle Nestability.

 The inside of the holder opened out  flat to show the pockets for the ATCs.  I sewed the card rather than gluing it.
Close up of one side of holder (inside).  This was a great way to use up bits of card and paper.  If I had more time I'd have decorated the outside a bit more.  Its not as pretty as Kate's but it will keep the Atcs together while they are travelling. The holder fitted into an A5 envelope no trouble.  If anyone would like to try this and wants to know the measurements etc just let me know in the comments section.
Ger x

4 comments:

  1. Oh Geraldine, I'm so pleased to have inspired you into making your holders. Love the stitching, you always do that so well.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhhh ger these are gorgeous so handy too xwill go and have a look at kates blog and then i am going to stalk the postman x
    happy crafting

    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. whata great idea.. i dont make ATC's but might have to have a go lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and such a clever idea!


    --Cheryl--
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...