Thursday, April 21, 2011

4 altered frames from Altered Frame Swap

Just wanted to show you the lovely altered frames I received as my part of the Altered Frame swap over on Cardznscrapz . Swappers were the mega and multitalented Maggie and Aideen.  http://www.piecesbyaideen.com/  Check out their blogs for great ideas if you have even the tiniest interest in altering or mini-books or just lovely makes.  I'm including my own altered frames as well - 4 completely different styles on view.
First:  The frame I got from Maggie - (emilysnan in blogland) she made all the flowers...so I have included some close-ups of them.


This flower is made from the tissue left over after cutting out a dressmaking pattern!

As you can see, Maggie has the greatest collection of lovely vintage buttons!



Aideens altered frame


                    Close up of lace insert, pearls and flowers
Aren't these wonderful makes?  Don't they make you want to grab that old frame that has been in the shed/garage for ages and DO something with it?  Now for my efforts.  First come piccys of the bare, naked frames - all €2 from the €2 shop down the road..




Sent to Maggie


Sent to Aideen

Massive big Thanks to the Maggie and Aideen for swapping with me.  It is great to see other people's work at close range-gives you ideas!
Thanks for looking.  Think that was the most photos I've ever uploaded in one post.  Off to lie down....
Ger x

4 comments:

  1. wow, you have been busy, these are just so so beautiful geraldine, love them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous frames Geraldine. Know what you mean, uploading and posting takes forever on my slow internet speed. Have a lovely Easter. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow they are gorgeous Geraldine.. i love all those flowers
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these altered frames are fabulous Geraldine , and the flowers are to die for..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...