Sunday, April 24, 2011

2 Cards and an Easter Bunny

It seems ages since I've shown any cards I've made.  They get chucked into the post so fast and lately I've been doing more altered stuff but here are 2 recent makes.
This is a birthday card made for Lisa. "Live, laugh, love" is part of her blog header so I thought this little embroidered heart would be appropriate.  Yes, that is my MS cherry blossom punch-my latest love!

 This card looks very simple but a lot of work went into making the embellishments.  The flower is crocheted, while the butterfly is one of my Snippets.   The edging is a length of crocheted chain with a glass bead crocheted in every 3rd stitch.  Well, at least it is unique and very much my style of card-like it or leave it.
Here is my entry for Dianne's April Chocolate Challenge over on Cardznscrapz.  It had to have the 3 colours of chocolate (white/milk/dark) and/or 4 flowers or buttons, AND there had to be an Easter egg hidden somewhere on the creation!
The eggshell is an oval box base from Lidl.  It was meant as a Christmas decoration and had cherubs on it.  I covered it with chocolate coloured paper and ribbon inside and out.  The bunny is a stamp from Dimension4th.  The butterflies inside the egg are on little springs to give a 3D effect and you can just about see the gold wrapping of the actual egg under the bunny's right ear.  Went overboard on the Distress stickles! This is the first Easter decoration that I've ever made and I hope to get a few years out of it.  The egg will be released for consumption later today....
Have also entered Bunny into Crafty Sentiments Easter creations
Craft your Days Away - Easter
Happy Easter and have a great time over the long weekend!
Geraldine x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Geraldine...a very Happy Easter to you and yours .. and another Thanks you for my wonderful card - and it looks even more gorgeous in the flesh!
    I love that heart !!
    Love your other makes too.. the white butterfly is so pretty.. and the egg .. well thats amazing!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Geraldine, so pretty and that butterfly is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Geraldine. Love the details and your snippets and crochets. Hugs, Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...