Thursday, June 24, 2010

Buttons and Brads


This week it dawned on me that I have a room full of stuff and its time to think of ways of using up stash. Starting with the button bank here is a little crocheted Tea Cosy covered with buttons. Yes, the other side is just as buttony!
Tea Cosy with slightly less buttons and a little button tassel at the side. I'm taking both these cosies as samples to my Crochet Tea Cosy Workshop this Saturday. No naked teapots this summer, please. Now for the brad mountain. I am taking part in an online handmade flower swap this month and in an effort to get away from a completely crocheted flower I made up these flowers from scraps of felt, net, small bits of crochet and used brads (all Papermania) for the centers.


More funky flowers. So that is this weeks destash attempt. I'm putting this post into Andrea's "Lush Friday" show and tell.








6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to 'lush friday' show and tell. Your tea cosy is (my son's favourite word at the moment)Legend. Great use of stuff stash, I like it. Hopefully see you next week too. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love the tea cosies !
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, those tea cosies are fantastic!! Great you are along on the Lush Friday Ride!!! http://blog.theNest.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tea cosies, they're gorgeous! Just found you through the "Lush Friday " link. Will be coming back for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous tea cosy! Do you by any chance sell the pattern? I'm in Canada so I can't attend your workshops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne,
    If you email me (littlesnippets@gmail.com) your address I'll post the pattern out to you.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...